Requirements for your application:
• ICICI Bank blocked account.
• Public health insurance: only the acceptance letter from your university is required to start the process.
• Preliminary confirmation of public insurance: you’ll receive it within 3 days via mail. Your university will receive the M10 Meldung so you can get enrolled; remember that this is automatic, you can check the status with your uni within 3 days of your application.
• Travel health insurance: if you are arriving in Germany ahead of the start of your semester.
After arriving, you can complete your insurance application by providing:
• Enrollment letter of your university
• German bank account details
• Address in Germany
You’ll get the final confirmation of insurance in your Feather account.
For students over 30
You’re only eligible for expat insurance; it will be sufficient for your first visa and cover you for up to 5 years in Germany from day one.
TK is well known for offering excellent English support and an APP to handle all the insurance-related matters.
Get access to great English support and fast processing speed. On top of that, BARMER offers up to €150 cash back each year to healthy members.
If you are above 30 years old, you are only eligible for our expat health. Otherwise, we strongly recommend public insurance, since it provides broader coverage and will work for a "Job seeker visa" application after the uni.
Enjoy up to 90 days of travel insurance; you might need it if you are entering Germany before your semester begins. We’ll email you the link to claim this benefit after signing up to public health on Feather.
Get a €15 cashback bonus when signing up for expat health through Feather. You will receive this bonus in your bank account when your expat health insurance has been active for 3 months, no strings attached.
Follow along with this detailed walkthrough video that will help you streamline your sign-up process.
Watch tutorial →
Moving to Germany is hard enough, and having to deal with health insurance at the same time can be pretty stressful. Let us handle the hard part for you.
Our personalized recommendations ensure your health insurance suits your lifestyle—and budget.
Enjoy a fully digital sign-up with no paperwork. If you have any questions, our team is ready to support you in English.
See our FAQ page for more answers.