Customer Support Agent
Who we are
When was the last time you were pleasantly surprised by an insurance company? We bet the answer is never—and we've built Feather to change that.
We’re committed to creating a brand new insurance experience. We envision one without commission-hungry brokers, where our customers' best interests are always at the center.
We’re an ambitious team and we’re crazy about fintech and insurance. Our company was founded in 2018 by Rob (CEO) and Vincent (CTO). Vincent was one of the first employees at N26, where he was instrumental in building and scaling their iOS app. Rob was previously working at McKinsey, where he consulted top insurance companies on how to improve their digital strategy. Since then we have grown into a successful startup.
About the role
We’re looking for a customer service expert to field inquiries from our customers via our messaging platform and through video calls. To do so, you will need to build a good understanding of how our insurance products work and the most commonly asked customer questions. You’re excited by using technology to help deliver an awesome experience, for example through video calls (10% of the work) and chat/email (90% of the work), but also our own internal tools. You enjoy helping people out with one of the most important topics - insurance - and make sure you recommend what is best for them.
- Answer customer queries through email, chat, and calls
- Effectively deal with customer issues, diving deep into detail only when necessary
- Make sure we get back to every customer within one working day
- Make sure we get back to urgent requests within one hour during working hours
- Communicate with insurance partners where necessary to update status or help applications or claims processes
What you bring
- +2 years of relevant experience in customer support or insurance (sales, marketing, or similar)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to recognize urgent matters to prioritize and balance customer inquires
- Business fluent in English
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Nice to have
- Personal experience as an expat living in a country away from home
- University degree in Business, Finance, Strategic Planning, Law or similar related field preferred
- Business fluent in German
What we can offer
- Work “Berlin” remotely most of the time (a couple of days in-person in or near Berlin per quarter will be mandatory)
- Small team, flat hierarchy, mission-driven development, and no politics. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small, lean, and we love what we're doing.
- You’ll never have to do the typical sales pitch, we really just want you to help find the best solution for the customer
- Budget for learning. We want you to grow with us, so we offer a €1,200 yearly budget that you can spend to learn new stuff (books, conferences, subscriptions etc.).
- Does this sound like you? Apply now!
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
To be considered, send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in insurance & tech to apply.