Come work with us 👩💻👨💻
Do meaningful work. Take ownership. Push your ideas. Never stop learning.
Who we are
We’re committed to building a brand new insurance experience. We envision one without
commission-hungry brokers and one in which our customer’s best interests
are always at the center. When was the last time you were pleasantly
surprised by an insurance company? We bet the answer is never—and we've
built Feather to change that. We’re a small, but ambitious team and
we’re crazy about fintech and insurance. Our company was founded in 2018
by Rob (CEO) and Vincent (CTO). Vincent was one of the first employees
at N26, where he was instrumental in building and scaling their iOS app.
Rob was previously working at McKinsey, where he consulted top insurance
companies on how to improve their digital strategy.
What we’re looking for 👀
- 2+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer.
- Fluency in Python.
- A desire to learn TypeScript.
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL.
- Experience with ORMs, SQLAlchemy would be perfect.
- Experience with any ubiquitous cloud provider and containerised deploy.
- Security mindset and care for data privacy.
- Good testing habits.
Don’t be afraid to apply even if you’re missing a few bullet points in
there! Scroll down and see what you might be working on in this role.
It's perfect if you've done all that before, but we’ll be delighted to
help you learn new skills. 🙂
Here's some of what we worked on lately:
- Helping our customer support team to keep in touch via Sendgrid, Intercom and Twilio.
- Syncing Stripe data to make billing and charges transparent for our customers.
- Moving from third party analytics tools to self-hosted solutions like Metabase and Matomo.
- Publishing bits of the Feather codebase as open source projects.
- Introducing mypy types to our codebase.
- Implementing Strong Customer Authentication for payments.
- Making the most of Google App Engine and other serverless offerings on GCP.
What we offer
- Small team, flat hierarchy, mission driven, and no politics. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small, lean, and we love what we’re doing.
- You’ll be building a product that people need, and are grateful for. Our excellent Trustpilot reviews speak for themselves. We’ve built a product around people, and they love it!
- Budget for learning. We want you to grow with us, so we offer a €1,200 yearly budget that you can spend to learn new stuff (books, conferences, subscriptions, etc.).
- Freedom to grow and experiment. Learning is great and all, but what’s theory without practice? We actually let you try out what you’re working on.
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
- We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.
We'd like to chat about so many things with you! Please, let us know what interests you the most. Send your application to
email@example.com with a CV and a brief answer to the questions:
- Is it a good idea to use Redis as a broker for Celery? What should you consider?
- How have
you contributed to open source?