Life insurance is a policy that pays out a fixed sum (of your choosing) if you pass away. Coverage is generally used by dependents and loved ones to pay for the cost of living until they regain financial stability, and includes a spouse, child, or even a business partner.
Many people also decide to get life insurance when buying a house and paying off their mortgage, even if their partner contributes to the payments. With our life insurance plan, you can adjust your coverage amount as you pay off your mortgage or you have more savings.
What are the advantages of life insurance with Feather?
- No appointments necessary
- Coverage up to 600k without a doctor’s appointment.
- Adjustable coverage
- You can adjust your coverage each year to accommodate your situation.
- English sign-up & lifetime support
- We’ll handle all the German paperwork, so you don’t have to.
You should consider life insurance if
- You have financial dependents like a spouse, a child, or even a business partner.
- You have a mortgage to pay off together with a partner
- You want your dependents to be financially looked after if anything should happen to you
What does life insurance cover?
Debt and Mortgage
Don’t let your financial obligations get passed on to your family.
Are you the primary source of income for your family? Life insurance can provide for them when you’re gone, so they can get back on their feet.
Childcare and Education
Education, childcare, and security. Life insurance can help ensure a future for your loved ones when you’re no longer with them.
No one wants to plan a funeral and the costs can get pretty expensive. Let insurance cover it while your family mourn.
Frequently asked questions
Residents of Germany or German citizens living in the EU at the time of application (and not immediately planning to leave) are eligible for coverage. You must be between the ages of 18 & 65 and either employed or self employed to sign up.
No, because our plans go up to €600,000 in coverage, there is no legal requirement for a medical check-up. We will, however, ask you questions about your health.
– Anyone that is responsible not just for themselves, but responsible for others as well. This can be a partner, a child, a business partner, or anyone who is financially dependent on you.
– If you have a mortgage, it also makes sense to get a plan for the primary earner. If you both contribute equally to a mortgage, it makes sense to get life insurance for both people.
– If you run a business with someone, you should consider life insurance. Your business partner could be listed as a dependent.
– Our plans are all secured by large risk carriers, so if something does happen, you’re still covered. We are proud to say that we are a successful business that was founded in 2018 and growing quickly. Still, we understand your concern when it comes to something as important as life insurance.
If you have dependents or people who would need financial support in case you passed, it’s worth getting life insurance to protect them.
– Life insurance can range in cost depending on a few factors, but for your family, it’s worth the sense of security.
– For a young family, it would be much less expensive than if you’re older. Still, even in this situation, it’s unlikely that you’d need the same amount of coverage as the younger family as you have savings to fall back on.
We’ve created a simple guide to figuring out how much coverage you would need:
– In general, we recommend around €10k per child per year until they are 18 (or 23 if you want to finance their university).
– Additionally, if you have a mortgage, you should add the total cost of the mortgage to your coverage. As you pay off your mortgage, you can adjust your life insurance coverage.
– If your partner is reliant on you financially, then 3-5 years of expenses are recommended. This is about how long it would take them to become financially independent.
– If that’s too complicated, you can take 3-5x your gross yearly salary, which should be a good approximation.
Since you can choose how much coverage you get, it means you’ll already know how much the payout sum will be. Look at the question above if you’re having any problems deciding on how much coverage you should get.
We recommend getting the coverage until your mortgage is paid off or your youngest child has completed school or university — whichever comes later.
Yes. Adjusting your coverage sum up or down will depend on a few factors. For example, if your income increases at least 10% compared to the previous year, you can increase your coverage without a new risk assessment. You can also cancel the policy at any time with no additional fees.
The policy pays out when the insured person dies.
Log into your Feather account and hit “cancel” for your life insurance plan. Our motto is honest and simple, so we don’t hide the cancellation button.
Your life insurance policy (and coverage) will become active the first day of the month following your application date. For example, someone who applies (and purchases) coverage on 10.01.2023 will begin coverage 01.02.2023
The length of the waiting period is dependent on when the policy is purchased. Your life insurance policy will become active the first day of the month following the application date. You can read more about when a payout would not be issued.
Ready for some Christmas chaos?There is a lot that can go wrong during the holidays from firework and cooking fires to breaking someone’s new laptop. In this article, we cover the top things that can can go wrong and how insurance can help! Read the full article here.