Performance Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover - 1-year contract)
As our Performance Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible to find the right growth levers spanning from search to display to video in order to drive new user acquisition, and planning and executing strategies to grow the LTV of each existing user, while collaborating with our product and creative teams so each audience has the best experience on and off website and app.
At Feather, we’re developing digital insurance products that actually matter and have a positive impact on our customers. We provide digital sign-ups, documents, and customer service in English. Because of this, we are already established in Germany and in the process of expanding to other markets.
Why work at Feather?
- Work for a Berlin-based company remotely or in person (if you are not based in Germany, you need to be a maximum +/- 1 hour time zone difference to Berlin and within the EU).
- Small team, flat hierarchy, and mission-driven. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small, lean, and we love what we're doing.
- €1,200 annual learning budget. You can spend this on educating yourself: books, conferences, classes, etc.
- €500 office furnishing budget. On top of all the company equipment that you'll be getting (MacBook, Monitor…), you'll be able to spend €500 on a nice and comfortable home office setup.
What you bring to the table
- Proficient Hands-on experience on at least one digital channel and ran campaigns in others: Google Paid Search Ads, Performance Max, Youtube Ads, Meta Ads, etc.
- Highly analytical and keen on continuously improving performance through data and tests.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and optimise a monthly acquisition budget across channels and running in-house media buying.
- Experience working with web tracking and analytics like Metabase or Looker, etc.
- Experience running retention and cross-sell programs with the objective of increasing CLV.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel/ Google Sheets (e.g vlookup, pivot etc.).
- Entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude.
- SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Fintech experience is also a plus.
You'll be responsible for
- Play a front-seat role in designing and executing our growth strategies (Acquisition, retention, and monetization).
- Create, manage, and optimise marketing campaigns on Google Ads, Meta Ads, Tiktok ads, etc.
- Identify, prioritise and test new and emerging digital marketing channels like communities, Podcasts, etc., and new features like Reels and Shorts.
- Develop multi-touch CRM programs across the lifecycle then work on automating them with our tech teams to reduce manual effort.
- Work towards clear marketing KPIs such as ROAS, CAC & LTV.
- Proactively do continuous A-B testing strategies and performance analysis in order to optimise the channels’ performance.
- Implement & Troubleshoot attribution/ tracking issues.
- Work hand in hand with our product teams to identify user friction in the signup flow and improve monetization.
What will the interview process look like?
- CV screening
- Initial call — We’ll have a chat and get to know each other
- Take-home task — We'll give you a task to work on, which will give you an idea of the type of projects you'd take on at Feather
- Take-home task discussion — We'll go through the task to work on together, so we make sure that we understand your reasoning and approach
- Founder interview — You’ll be speaking to one of our founders
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Apply now!
- At Feather, we are huge advocates for diversity and inclusion. From LGBTQ+ events to open discussions about eliminating bias, we highly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- We also encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you've worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.
Feather was founded in 2018 by Rob Schumacher and Vincent Audoire after both of them struggled to navigate the insurance system in Germany (even though they are European). They wanted to create insurance products that were as simple as they knew it could be.
That’s why we’re building insurance to make all interactions easier and more transparent: from signing up and filing a claim to canceling. Our goal is to give people honest, unbiased advice, with the information they need to make the right decision. And, because of how complicated insurance is, we offer tools, articles, and support where people can reach out to a human about problems or questions they have.
Currently, Feather has helped people from over 150 countries get insurance digitally and is expanding quickly.