Junior Data Analyst (BI)
We’re looking for a Junior data analyst with a focus on Business Intelligence to join Feather. We are a small and fast-growing company that relies a lot on data when making decisions. We are looking for someone who will take ownership of existing dashboards that are widely used by the team and will continue building on them.
Insurance, contrary to popular belief, is very fun! It’s based on data by its nature and, traditionally, very complex. We use the data to make insurance honest, transparent, and simple for our customers.
Why work at Feather?
- Small team, flat hierarchy, and mission-driven. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small and lean, and we love what we're doing.
- We believe in the power of data. All company data is accessible to every employee. You will know our product and business better than anyone else.
- It’s a great opportunity to learn. We believe in cross-functional teams, and you will have the opportunity to grow in adjacent fields (Product Analysis, Data Engineering, Business Analysis, you name it) if you want.
- Work from home or work from our Berlin office. Join a Berlin-based company remotely within Germany or in person. We have company retreats and regular fun gatherings, where we do some cool things like go bowling, go to restaurants, and play games.
- €1200 annual learning budget. You can spend this on educating yourself: books, conferences, classes, etc.
- €500 office furnishing budget. On top of all the company equipment that you'll be getting (MacBook, Monitor, keyboard, …) you'll be able to spend €500 on a nice and comfortable home office setup.
What you bring to the table
- Great analytical skills. Good knowledge of SQL for analytics. Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Metabase, Power BI, etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You know how to turn data into an engaging story. You can use beautiful and insightful data visualizations that both inform and entertain the audience. You are fluent in English.
You'll be responsible for
- Building and maintaining dashboards. We value data visibility at Feather. Every new feature or product has its own dedicated dashboard from the start. You will use Metabase — our BI tool of choice.
- Giving the team insights about our data. What’s data without a story behind it? A crucial aspect of your job will be to analyze all our data and come up with compelling stories to tell to our team.
- Supporting various departments with their data needs. You’ll consult and collaborate with the various departments that are in need of your services, such as marketing, operations, and product. Examples can range from simply getting a list of suitable customers for a marketing campaign to detective work on what drives customers to purchase our products and what problems they face using our website.
- Enabling others to be autonomously data-informed. All of our company dashboards are public, and we encourage our employees — from customer support to engineering — to write their own queries on Metabase. You will be helping empower your colleagues with training and documentation.
What will the interview process look like?
- Initial phone call — We’ll have a chat and get to know each other (30 minutes).
- Take-home task — You’ll receive a sample of our data, analyze it, and solve a small relevant problem (the task should take 3-4 hours, you choose how to tackle it).
- Present the results — We’ll discuss your solution and have a chat about data (45 minutes).
- Founder interview — You’ll be speaking to one of our founders (either Rob or Vincent).
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Apply now!
- At Feather, we continuously work to have inclusive representation within our teams and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture.
- We also encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.
Feather was founded in 2018 by Rob Schumacher and Vincent Audoire after both of them struggled to navigate the insurance system in Germany (even though they are European). They wanted to create insurance products that were as simple as they knew it could be.
That’s why we’re building insurance to make all interactions easier and more transparent: from signing up and filing a claim to canceling. Our goal is to give people honest, unbiased advice, with the information they need to make the right decision. And, because of how complicated insurance is, we offer tools, articles, and support where people can reach out to a human about problems or questions they have.
Currently, Feather has helped people from over 150 countries get insurance digitally and is expanding quickly.