We’re looking for a front-end engineer to join our team and help Feather look as beautiful as we know it could be. We’ll tackle some pretty big (and creative) projects that are going to help us reshape the insurance industry. That’s where you come in!
You’ll be joining a team of talented engineers from around the world who are helping to code some of the best, and most useful insurance tools in the industry. It's also the perfect time to join us as our company is growing quickly with new projects being added on a continual basis.
Why apply to Feather?
- You'll have the freedom to experiment. We do hack days/hack weeks where you can experiment with new tech and ways of working. Our design system (dirtyswan.design) actually came from a hack day.
- You'll help us contribute to open source. We're big believers in building openly and transparently. We love the way GitLab, Artsy, Sentry, and others have contributed to open source, and we're following that path too!
- A modern tech stack to work with —TypeScript, React, NextJS, GraphQL, Cypress, and GitHub Actions, just to name a few.
- We're early stage yet growing fast. You'll be joining us when the company is still small (a little more than 30 people), and you'll be able to experience its growth (we more than doubled each year since we started in 2018). So, this is a very unique opportunity.
- You'll decide where to work from. We are a remote company mostly hiring in Europe. You'll be able to work anywhere so long that you stay close to CET timezone.
- You can write code using a component-oriented approach and thinking in a reusable way.
- You have knowledge of CSS preprocessors or CSS-in-JS libraries (SCSS, Less, Styled Components, Emotion, etc.) and a keen eye for design.
- You understand why frameworks like Redux, Recoil, or MobX exist and what problems they try to solve
- You are familiar with different testing strategies and know the benefits of having good code coverage.
- You are interested in working with statically typed languages. We love TypeScript, and we hope you do too!
You'll be responsible for
In this role, you will work as a part of a small cross-functional product team with other developers, product owners, and designers.
To give you an idea of what the projects would look like, consider some of the things we worked on recently:
- Preparing for new countries – that is introducing localization, i18n and reusable signup flows – to offer our products outside Germany.
- Setting up a hosted instance of Unleash to work with feature toggles in the trunk-based development fashion.
- Applying our design system to different projects, and making sure that our interfaces look great across different devices.
- Extracting reusable node packages from existing code and publishing them on GitHub packages, both internally and as Open Source.
- Letting our users submit media in a secure way using their mobile phones and other devices.
- Sharing parts of our development process as posts on our dev.to blog and talks at meetups and conferences.
- Iterating on our authentication system to protect customer accounts from XSS and share authentication patterns across multiple apps.
- Building a generic and type-safe questionnaire engine similar to Typeform.
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Apply now!
- At Feather, we are huge advocates for diversity and inclusion. From LGBTQ+ events to open discussions about eliminating bias, we highly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.