Customer Support Agent (Private Health)
A customer support role for insurance? We know what it sounds like, but that’s why we need you to help us change things. At Feather, our support team are all experts in the insurance industry. They use our messaging platform to answer questions through text and scheduled calls.
And the best part? There is no sales incentive. We want our team to be completely honest about what a person should do, even if it means not signing up for one of our plans if theirs is already the best fit.
When you start on our team, you’ll build the same insurance knowledge by shadowing calls and collaborating together to answer customer messages before slowly taking your own customer calls, translating documents for our English-speaking team, and answering customer messages on your own.
If you enjoy helping people, then you don’t need to look any further. Insurance is a really complex topic, and one that people are really confused about, so you’ll be guiding them to the best solution while using tech to make the experience more accessible and simple.
Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on Google or TrustPilot.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Help existing customers feel safe by providing them direct answers to any questions they have related to their insurance
- Support our digitalization: create translations of German insurance documents so they are easy to understand for English speaking customers
- Communicate with different underwriting insurance carriers about follow-up questions to insurance applications and insurance documents
- Guide first-time insurance buyers through the unfamiliar and complex process of choosing and signing up for insurance products like health insurance via calls and messages
- Provide honest advice on the best available options (instead of selling insurance)
- Go above and beyond for the customer at every step of the way
What you bring to the table
- Great written English skills & C2 or native speaker of German (you will translate documents, so fluency is a requirement)
- +3 years of relevant experience in insurance or financial services (sales, marketing, account management, underwriting, claims, or similar)
- Diligence and autonomy
- Openness to new experiences, innovation, and change
- Not introverted: You will be in touch with customers in calls or through messages, so talking to people should be something important to you
Why work at Feather?
- Work for a Berlin-based company remotely or in person. We have company dinners and retreats, where we do some cool things like go bowling, go to restaurants, and play werewolf.
- Small team, flat hierarchy, and mission-driven. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small, lean, and we love what we're doing.
- You’ll never have to do the typical sales pitch; we really just want you to help find the best solution for the customer.
- €1,200 annual learning budget. You can spend this on educating yourself: books, conferences, classes, etc.
- €500 office furnishing budget. On top of all the company equipment that you'll be getting (MacBook, Monitor…), you'll be able to spend €500 on a nice and comfortable home office setup.
What will the interview process look like?
- After applying and before receiving a first interview invitation, we’ll need you to complete this case study
- If we enjoy your profile and case study response, you’ll get to meet one of our team leads through Google Meet to get to know each other (30 minutes)
- The second call will be with another member of the team where you’ll have the chance to ask any further questions you have about Feather and the customer support role (15 minutes)
- The final call will be for you to talk about any expectations you have and review information from the first two calls (30 minutes)
- Then you’re all finished, and we’ll send the of
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
- At Feather, we are huge advocates for diversity and inclusion. From LGBTQ+ events to open discussions about eliminating bias, we highly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- We also encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you've worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.
Feather was founded in 2018 by Rob Schumacher and Vincent Audoire after both of them struggled to navigate the insurance system in Germany (even though they are European). They wanted to create insurance products that were as simple as they knew it could be.
That’s why we’re building insurance to make all interactions easier and more transparent: from signing up and filing a claim to canceling. Our goal is to give people honest, unbiased advice, with the information they need to make the right decision. And, because of how complicated insurance is, we offer tools, articles, and support where people can reach out to a human about problems or questions they have.
Currently, Feather has helped people from over 150 countries get insurance digitally and is expanding quickly.